WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Monday, November 15, 2010

Who’s Who?

Aloha!

The state of Hawaii has the largest percentage of Asian residents (about 41%) in the United States, but not the largest number of Asians.

Does that surprise you? Probably not, but maybe you’d be interested in the breakdown of those residents.

The largest ethnic group within the Asian population is Japanese.

The remaining are ranked in this order:

Filipino
Chinese
Korean

The rest of the Asian population is made up of a number of ethnicities.A few are (I've included Pacific Islanders here): Hawaiian, Okinawan, Polynesian, Samoan, and Tongan.

Beginning next week I will start posting a bit of information on the main Asian ethnic groups in Hawaii. Celebrations, events, centers, etc.

Until then, join me on Thursday for another RECIPE! This one is a salad dressing. Bet you can’t guess what it’s made from! Winner gets . . . uhh . . . absolutely nothing—I’m not published yet, otherwise I’d send you a book!

Mahalo for reading my blog, and I’d love to hear your comments (or check a box below!)

Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Any guess on the secret ingredient, Raquel?

    I think tomorrow I'm going to cook up another one of my favorites. I'll probably post it in December sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl