WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Long And The Short Of It! Part 2


Aloha!

This is part two of my blog about my main character, Leilani Akamai, and her surfboard. She is thirteen years old and has been surfing since she was about eight. She loves surfing and it pretty good at it. She’s currently using a minilongboard. But what kind of board does she want to get?

She wants to improve her surfing maneuvers, which means she should move toward a shortboard. But, by Leilani’s own admission, she tends to crash and burn a lot when trying new things.

The solution? A soft top board. This will allow her to try new moves without the worry of dinging her board or whacking her head too hard. She also won’t have to worry as much about damaging someone else’s board, and the price will be less for the soft top than a regular board.

The biggest drawback with these boards is their weight. They are heavier than the traditional boards.

For more information on the pros and cons of soft top boards, check out this site:


For more information on the four main types of boards, check out this site:


And this site for a size/surfer weight chart:



Mahalo for reading my blog, and I’d love to hear your comments (or check a box below!)

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl