WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Which Fruit is Native?


Hawaiian fruit is the best! If you missed part one of my series on Hawaiian Fruit, check my post from August 1.

So, did you figure out which of the following fruits are actually native to the islands?

Pineapple, Mango, Guava, Papaya?

The answer is: NONE!!

Hala--Tourist Pineapple
There is a native fruit, however, that confuses tourists. It’s called Hala and looks very much like a pineapple. In fact, the Hala is often times referred to as Tourist Pineapple because of its mistaken identity.

Next post (on Monday) I’ll start talking about specific fruits. Do you know what fruit is most common in Hawaii? Come back on Monday and find out as well as learn something about this highly nutritious fruit.

Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl