WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vows Renewed in Kauai (Part 2)


My friend, Corinne, and her husband, Michael, renewed their wedding vows while on vacation in Hawaii last year. Corinne was gracious enough to allow me to ask her questions about her trip to Kauai and her wedding vow renewal experience in the islands. This is part two. To see part one, check out the post from Monday, July 11. Thanks, Corinne, for sharing with my blog readers.

What was your favorite part of the renewal ceremony?

My favorite part was when we had our foreheads together. At one point the minister had us repeat a prayer to each other. I loved that, and when the ceremony was complete they gave us a certificate with that prayer printed on it.

Have you been back to the islands, or do you have plans to go back sometime?

We haven’t returned and have no plans for future visits, but I would love to go again.

Have you visited any of the other islands, and if so, do you have a favorite?

We’ve been to Maui, but I enjoyed Kauai more. It’s less commercial and more tropical.

What are your favorite places and things to do on Kauai?

There’s a wonderful beach (can’t recall the name) near the Napili Coast. As I remember, it’s where the road ends. I loved it.

We liked eating shave ice, and tried it at a number of different places. I’ll share a photo with you of our favorite shave ice spot.

An activity we really enjoyed was hiking near Waimea Canyon.

One of our most favorite activities was to go to the local Sunshine Markets. They’re like our Farmers’ Markets. We would buy local foods and prepare our meals, such as lettuce and shrimp for a salad, and fresh taro root which we steamed. Michael and I loved trying all of the local foods, and it was especially fun to prepare them ourselves.

Is there something you’d like to do that you haven’t done when you get back to the islands someday?

I’d love to swim with dolphins and go on a helicopter ride.



Wow, Corinne, can I come with you? I’ll tag along, take notes, and feature you in my blog again. All you and Michael have to do is cook all that great local food for me!

Thanks to Corinne for sharing her and Michael’s experience renewing their wedding vows in Kauai! Congratulations to you and to your parents!

Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. I have to put visiting Hawaii on my bucket list! I've never been as far west as California yet, so this is a must do! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for the day I get to go there, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the post, Karla! I love that movie, The Bucket List. You just reminded me to start one myself!

    Thanks for the comment and your support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda for always visiting my blog. I hope someday you'll be off to Hawaii and come back as a guest on my blog--what fun for me to interview you!

    Here's to a Hawaii trip in the near future--maybe a writing retreat???

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl