WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Vows Renewed in Kauai (Part 1)


My friend, Corinne, and her husband, Michael, renewed their wedding vows while on vacation in Hawaii last year. Corinne was gracious enough to allow me to ask her questions about her trip to Kauai and her wedding vow renewal experience in the islands. Thanks, Corinne, for sharing with my blog readers.

Why did you choose Hawaii for your wedding vows renewal ceremony?

It actually wasn’t a planned event. We were taking my parents to Hawaii since they had taken us with them on many vacations. The resort offered a free wedding vows renewal ceremony every other Saturday. We just happened to be there over one of those dates, so both my parents and Michael and I decided to go for it.

How many years for you two and for your parents?

For us, 29 years. For my parents, 54 years.

Where in Hawaii was this?

In Poipu Beach, the island of Kauai, at the Kiahuna Resort.

Who performed the ceremony?

A local minister hired by the resort—a Hawaiian lady dressed in a bright colored Hawaiian print muumuu. She wore a lei and a wreath in her hair. She, as well as everyone else, was barefoot during the ceremony.

Please describe the ceremony for us.

There were six couples. Everyone received a lei and a plumeria (to wear behind our ear.) All of the couples did the ceremony together. The minister gave instructions on placing your forehead against your spouses and to gaze into each other’s eyes as you repeated the vows.

There was also a time of placing a pinch of black salt on your spouse’s tongue. She addressed the symbolism, and we repeated a statement she made. She also spoke about the difficult times in life and how you overcome them.

Besides all of the couples and the minister there was a ukulele player and a photographer.


Would you like to know more about Corinne’s experience and her favorite part of the ceremony? Join me again on Thursday for more of my interview. In the meantime, enjoy the photos of Corinne and Michael as they renewed their wedding vows in Kauai!

See you on Thursday.

Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet. What a beautiful way to renew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I need to get me and my hubby over there to at least visit--and maybe a renewal if the opportunity arises!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl