WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ready to Cruise?


Four years ago this month our family of five took a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands. We visited Oahu, Kauai, Hawaii, and Maui.

After we arrived in Honolulu (on Oahu) we spent three days exploring the island before boarding the ship. I even got to show my kids the dorm where I lived, Hale Laulima. It means The House of Many Hands. The thing I loved most about my dorm was the open, cement block walls in the hallway. A great tropical breeze wafted through there, twenty-four/seven! I also showed them The Atherton YMCA where I stayed before getting a spot in the dorm.

Click here for information on Atherton—and, yes, they still house overflow students there:






We loved swimming with the turtles on the North Shore and gorging on Shave Ice at Aoki’s in Haleiwa.

Click here for more information on Aoki’s:



I’ll post more blogs about my favorite spots over the next month or two. Keep checking back to learn more!

Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl