WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh, We’re Going . . .


To a Hukilau!

Maybe you think we’re going to a party, but a hukilau is actually going fishing with a net and the Hukilau Song was created to have fun and hang loose. Ten-year-old, Kimo, in my Hawaiian Island Detective Club series likes to have fun with this song. ’Course he uses his own words to sing an irritating song to his sister, Leilani.

I’ve danced to this song a few times (not very recently, however!) and I thought you’d all enjoy seeing the words and watching a video of a couple dancers. Click the link below the words to see the dancers. Enjoy!!

Ah, what a beautiful day to go fishin'
The old Hawaiian way
And the hukilau nets were swishin'
Down in old L`ie Bay

Oh we're goin' to a hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau
Everybody loves the hukilau
Where the laulau is the kaukau at the l`au

Oh we throw our nets out into the sea
And all the `ama`ama come a-swimmin' to me
Oh, we're goin' to the hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau

Oh we're goin' to the hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau
Everybody loves the hukilau
Where the laulau is the kaukau at the great l`au

Oh we throw our net out into the sea
And all the `ama`ama come a-swimmin' to me
Oh, we're goin' to the hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau
Huki-huki, hu-uki-huki, hukilau-au...


For more information on the song and its history, please visit this site:


Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl