WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Six, Triple Two--

What does THAT mean???

It's actually the education system I went through when growing up in Medford, Oregon. At that time we all spent Six Years in Grade School, Two Years in Junior High (7th and 8th,) Two Years in Mid High (9th and 10th) and Two Years in Senior High (11th and 12th.)

It was wonderful going back there and visiting schools. I thought you might enjoy seeing a couple photos. I didn't get outside photos of Hoover Elementary or Hedrick Middle School, but I was able to visit and speak at both schools.

I went to Medford Mid High which was the original high school in Medford. In more recent years it became South Medford, and most recently (after they built a new South Medford High School) it's been used to house offices, etc.


Mid High For Grades 9 & 10

Here's the stadium at the former Mid High where Medford Senior High played all its games. Still, North Medford plays games here.


Medford Senior High Stadium (Now North Medford)

And here's where I graduated--Medford Senior High, now North Medford.


I Attended Grades 11 & 12 at Medford Senior High

I sure enjoyed the trip down "Memory Lane." What are your memories? Have you visited a place where you once lived or went to school? How different is it now? I'm always amazed how life just moves along with or without us!


Aloha, and Mahalo for visiting!

--Cheryl
The Hawaiian Island Detective Club
Book One—Pineapples in Peril
Available NOW!
Book Two—Menehunes Missing
Available NOW!
Book Three—Ukuleles Undercover
RELEASES August 6, 2013

mailto:cheryllinnmartin@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. I finished grade school and went to high school in Metairie, Louisiana - in the 60's. My wife and I made a trip down there a few years ago and spent several days trying to locate my old schools and places that my family lived. My step-father worked for Boeing and was part of the team that produced the booster rocket for the first moon launches. Katrina had changed a lot of the landscape and many things I remembered were no longer there. It was a fun trip but, I was sad to have missed out on seeing some old, familiar places from all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many changes in Meford--the town has grown sooooo much, but at least many of the familiar buildings and places were still there. I loved visiting, but am glad I live where I live now--in a much smaller town with lots of green and water. 'Course then there's all that rain to keep it green. Ugh! Can't have it all I guess!

      Thanks for the visit and the comment, Steve! Aloha! --Cheryl

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl