WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Monday, June 18, 2012

The 50th State!


Since I’ll be doing the ABC blogging July through September, I thought I’d take this moment in June to mention Hawaii joining the United States.

It was on August 21, 1959 that Hawaii became The 50th State!

What a great number 50 is, don’t you think?? Now my kids might think that life after 50 is nothing but a dull ride to nowhere, but I say, “No Way!”

Just like how special it is for Hawaii to be our 50th state, I find life after 50 years to be exciting and Full of Firsts!

Here’s a list of my Firsts after Fifty!

* Climbed a huge tree and flew down the zip-line
* Climbed a 20 ft. rock-wall
* Retired from a job
* Went horseback riding
* Wake-boarded
* Washed the feet of homeless people
* Joined a gym
* Started a blog
* Developed a website
* Became a published author

Have you made a list like this? What have you done for the first time after 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 or 70? You may just surprise yourself!

Welcome Fiftieth State, Hawaii!

Aloha, and Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl
The Hawaiian Island Detective Club
Book One—Pineapples in Peril
RELEASES OCTOBER 1, 2012!!

2 comments:

  1. What a list of accomplishments, Cheryl! Wake-boarding, for example, wow :-) You live in such a beautiful location. Did you go horseback riding on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandi! I'm not in Hawaii anymore, so my horseback riding was in the woods of the great Pacific Northwest on a trail with other people and a leader.

    Thanks for your support and comments, Brandi. Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl