WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fool’s?


No Fooling Here!!

I love Hawaii, and I hope to someday get back there again.

My first experience in the islands was as a student at the University of Hawaii, Manoa. What a wonderful year. I attended every class I could about Hawaii—history, geology, music, and dance. While living in the dorms (Hale Laulima) I participated in dorm life which included all the normal college experiences, but also putting on our own luau. My jobs for the luau included serving and dancing (a Filipino dance).

Some of the other things I did while living there included volunteering at a juvenile facility, hiking into Diamond Head crater in search of olivine, attending a number of amazing weddings, working at The Research Animal Facility on campus, visiting other islands, and working for Hawaiian Telephone.

I’ve been back only once since then. I’d say it’s about time I return again, huh?

I’d never fool you about my love for the islands, but beware of being “fooled” about anything and everything tomorrow!

Mahalo for visiting!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl...

    My mother felt the same way about Hawaii that you do. She was so in love with the culture, weather, scenery, food, oceans, islands, customs, mountains, volcanoes, and particularly the people. She LOVED them. It always makes me smile to read your posts because somewhere in the back of my mind, I can hear my mother saying, "Yes!! Yes, Cheryl gets it!!" Thanks so much.

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good thing I'm working tomorrow and won't get fooled by you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Deb! Yes, I guess your mom and I have been cut from the same cookie cutter!

    I'm still hoping to get back there again soon. What I'd really like to do is live there for a several months out of the year. Guess I'd better get to work on that, huh?

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're funny, Jessica! I'd never fool you . . .

    . . . April Fools!!! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl