WELCOME!


WELCOME TO LIFE IN FLIP-FLOPS! Click Here To Visit: MY WEBSITE

To easily read my blog and not miss a post--SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

You can always comment using the "ANONYMOUS BUTTON."

Or just CLICK ON ONE OF THE LITTLE SQUARES at the bottom of my posts to let me know what you think. Easy-Peasy!

And Don't Forget To FEED MY FISH!!!! (at the bottom of the side column)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yummy In My Tummy!

This recipe is sooooooo rich, chewy, and yummy! My suggestion is to do a half recipe in a square pan, as you can't eat a lot of this at any one time. The rice flour I bought was not in a box, so I had to guess at 16 ounces.


Nicole says the coconut on top is optional--I think it's a must (unless you hate coconut, but who hates coconut???) because the crunchy, coconut top was my favorite part!



Bibingka

A very traditional Filipino dessert that is usually made with ground up cassava, also called yuca, but I have found an easier recipe that is very similar to the traditional version.

Ingredients
            -1 Box (16 oz) Mochiko (Rice Flour, can now be found in your local grocery store)
            -3 Cups Skim Milk
            -2 Cups Sugar
            -3 Eggs
            -1 Block Butter (1/2 cup), melted and cooled
            -1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
            -Shredded, sweetened coconut, optional

Instructions

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and blend with a mixer until smooth.  Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula.
-In a 9x13 inch baking pan, pour in the mixture and sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired. 
-Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.  You are looking for a golden brown top with the sides coming away from the pan.  You can also do a test by sticking a tooth pick in the center of the dessert.  If it is no longer liquid but more sticky, then it’s done.

My family loved these! I found the consistency of this dessert to be like a fruit snack--not the rubbery ones, but the soft chewy ones made from fruit juice. And, as I mentioned, the coconut crunch on top is the best.

Enjoy, and come back on Monday--It's finally guava cake time!!

Happy baking,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Mahalo for visiting and commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl